Sunday, October 16, 2011

New York Comic Con, my first experience.

Today I wen to my first comic book con. One of the largest ones thats held annually in New York. It boasts tons of comics, video games, toys, artists and their artworks. But perhaps the most memorable moment was the fact that owner of Atlas Entertainment, Jason Goodman invited me to the con. Once I went into the center I was bombarded with all kinds of displays. Girls dressed in costumes, loud video games, a dance show, girls dressed in costumes... oh wait I said that already. :)
I spent the whole day looking at... comics. (what did you think I was going to say, lol) There were tons of comics from modern to copper to bronze, silver and golden age. There were many dealer names that I had seen on ebay there. There were tons of statues, toys, original artwork and of course the artists corner which had tons of artists.
I tried to control my spending... seriously I did... try. After walking around and looking at almost everything I decided to spend some money. $160 one day on comics, food and transportation. Normally I would say thats quite a bit but at a comic book convention? thats pretty good. I left the show feeling happy but tired. Been on your feet for six hours straight was a little tiring. But all in all I would say that if you have never attended a comic con you should go to at least one just for the experience

No comments:

Post a Comment