Friday, October 7, 2011

The DC comic reboot

So its kinda late since the DC reboot happened a few months back and the hype was well over with now. But when they announced the reboot plan I thought to myself "what do I care?" Well, when I saw the new DC comics sitting at my lcs (local comic shop) I decided to pick it up and check it out. Guess what...?
I am pleasantly surprised. The first book I read was Batgirl #1, my first thought was yay Barbara Gordon is back and my 2nd thought was oooh nice art. The book was very well written, and after I was done I started on my 2nd comic, Detective Comics #1. And to my surprise I enjoyed it as well. Again I liked the art and the writing was pretty good. By now I was thinking about trying for more comics.
It has been a month and all the DC reboot comics have been launched. Funny how a few months ago I thought "what do I care" to "I can't wait for the #2's". I now own about 15 of the comics and am buying them monthly. Now here's the real kicker, I used to be a strictly Marvel buyer. Now I find myself buying more DC than Marvel. Now don't get me wrong I still buy Marvel comics but strictly the back issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment