Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Are DC Reboot comics reaching new heights in violence?

Ok, so DC comics is coming out with new comics. They are supposed to be revamped and redone with better story, art and they're supposed to be a reset so they can clean up. I see they have tons of new titles coming out, some new and some old. And while I haven't read all of them I certainly have read quite a bit.
It seems that DC is trying too hard with the reset. I'm not saying that the books are not done well but at times it seems a little over the top. The blood splatters, barely naked girls, Starfire becoming a slut... I mean come on. Whats next? Superman dying again?
I like how the comics are coming out with new art and the writing is more up-to-date. But out of all the comics I've read it seems there are always people dying. Not superheroes but innocent civilians that just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. It's not like we've never seen people die in comics its just over the top in the new DC comics.
In some comics police officers are getting killed, special agents are hanging out in strip clubs and so on. Sometimes I wonder if the Comic Code is still in effect. I know that things change and that we live in the modern era now. But do we really have to feel like washing our hands after reading a comic book? Maybe DC should start publishing UG Comix from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment