Thursday, January 5, 2012

A mini report on the new 52s from DC comics

Well I have to say that some of the new 52s from DC are starting to bore me. I have always thought that 52 new titles were too much of a starting point for DC. My first initial thought was why don't they start off small and work into more titles. Of course there is a business strategy of wanting to sell as many comics as possible. But I think this strategy is hurting the quality of the comics as the talent is stretched out too thin.
Many titles are starting to get dull and boring. The art in some of the comics are not the greatest to say the least. Titles I though that was going to be good only became so-so or unbearable. Lets start off with some of the titles I initially began with.
Supergirl - Right of the back, the comic was boring. What, who, where and why were the main story line. Reading about a confused character was not fun, a story is supposed to show focus. If they wanted to make this work at least foreshadow some of the future and tell us what may happen. They can always change the future to give the story a twist but instead they threw two characters into battle. A very confused Supergirl and a Superboy that won't tell whats going on lead me to drop this title starting with issue #3.
Wonder Woman - What can I say? again with the confusing story arc. Something happened in the past, something happens in the future. Wonder Woman time travels... wait, what? How the hell did that happen? Oh wait the character from the past time travels too, are we reading a science fiction comic? Issue #1 was uneventful, issue #2 was uneventful and so was issue #3. I'm giving this one more try and if it doesn't improve, I'm dropping this title.
Some other titles thats not even worth my time typing about. Superman, Action, Red Hood and the Outlaws. Surprisingly I was very impressed with Aquaman and Voodoo and am also still reading titles like Teen Titans, Batgirl, Catwoman, Batwoman, Batman, Batman The Dark Knight and Detective. Though I have to say I dropped Batman and Robin. It did nothing for me and felt like I was reading a babysitting story gone horribly wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment